Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Other Girl


So the other night my girls and I sat down to talk about relationships, its one of our rituals. We talk about where we have been, life, how we felt, and what got us where we are. I guess as we get older this will be a more common factor. I write all of this because my small crew of friends do not share their business with everyone. When we talk, it is highly confidential, its just between us. I cannot NOT share this story..


Carmen (Not her real name) is a great friend of mine, we are around the same age she has been through more relationship issues than me, but I enjoy our "talks" because everything we talk about makes sense. About two years ago Carmen met this guy TY who was cool, he had a great sense of humor and their personalities matched well together. Well Carmen and TY got pretty serious, she was his ride or die.... She would do anything for him, because the level they were on she knew she could do whatever he needed. As time went on Carmen and Ty developed a strong bond. Life went on, and they stopped messing around but they still kept in touch if Carmen needed anything he was willing to give it to her and vice versa. If one of Ty's other chicks needed something and Carmen knew it she would play the "cousin" role, or "sister" role, and would help the other female.....


After we had this conversation I was a little taken back, I'd never judge my girl, however I would have NEVER EVER been able to play the role Carmen played. It blows my mind that you never know who the "other" girl is.


SN: I choose to place this pic of L. Hill because she talks about being the other girl in Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill..

* Discuss*

No comments:

Post a Comment