Monday, March 2, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Sorry about the long hiatus... Life was a little crazy, and I am just getting back into the groove of blogging. As you can see I am currently adding and making some changes as promised.

Well I had a "snow day" today, therefore I was unable to run the errands I needed to run for the day. So I sat in the house, and watched "Brown Sugar;" the editing for this movie is terrible, but the actual story line is great. Hip Hop is officially dead, and this is something I truly believe. "Brown Sugar" did make me think about the time I fell in love with Hip Hop.. I remember listening to Queen Latiffa's U-N-I-T-Y Although i was young and maybe 4 0r 5 years old, I would bob my head to the beat... I remember listening to TOTAL from 1996-1998, who could forget that era.

Now this crunk music, and do the stanky leg, is HORRIBLE!!!! I hate it, it makes no sense for people to get record deals with these ridiculous lyrics. Overall its whack, and you cannot even bob your head to a beat, where women are being respected in music. This is sad, and who would have ever thought Hip-Hop would be here.


On a lighter note I spent some time in Charlotte with my friend Danielle, and we had a blast.. I cannot believe I have been in North Carolina for four years, and I have missed the CIAA every year.( SMH) the parties were cool, Danielle and I ended up partying with an older crowd OG's ( for the Slow ones, the original Gangstas) but we had a ball, the grown up crowd got it in for sure.. (LOL) unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, so I don't have any to post, from the weekend. Overall the weekend was a blast, and I look forward to the rest of the week in North Carolina when the snow melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment