Monday, August 17, 2009

You Did What?

We all have so many skeletons in our closet. We all have secrets that we would never tell maybe our best friend. In todays society people are doing just about anything to get  by in this world. I believe I have written on this topic once before, but this time I am going to go more in depth. 

Love is a beautiful thing, it is made for two people to enjoy, have trials, and ups and downs. When do you tell your significant other about your past? Or do you keep your past to yourself? Is it ok to tell this person about things you "tried" in college? Or should you keep this to yourself? Or if you keep it to yourself are you not being honest with your significant other? When is telling too much too much? Where does one draw the line? 

How do you know if your significant other is hiding things from the past, that you know nothing about? Would you be mad if you found out? Its the past,  why get mad??? 

i want your opinions............

1 comment:

  1. When Paul wrote his letter to the Philippians, he said, "I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself. Of course, my brothers, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead"

    So if you feel the need to hold things in from your significant other because you are afraid you are being to "honest".... you have yet become honest enough to yourself and what has occurred in your past. One person cannot truly love themselves until their "secrets & skeletons" are exposed because whether or not they were wrong or right motives, love was put into existence to make people happy. Because I know that by means of your prayers and the help, which comes from the spirit of Jesus Christ, you shall be free of your past.

    So if the Lord can forgive you, why cant your significant other? We as a people tend to let our pride and egos get in the way of future happiness and success. If you specifically wake up everyday knowing that your "significant" other is hiding something from you and you cant move on in life without knowing what he/she is not telling you, then ya’ll have no reason to be together. How can one be "significant" and "secretive" at the same time? But if your significant other has tried on countless times to tell you about there past and you refuse to listen unnoticeably, you have already failed.

    ReplyDelete