Wednesday, October 21, 2009

D.C. Part 1

       Last September my Senior year of college, I decided to attend the CBC ( Congressional Black Caucus)   I always have and always will have a crazy love affair with D.C... I freaking LOVE D.C.... While attending the CBC, they have a job/career fair that is going on downstair in the main lobby. I get a call from my Aunt telling me to come meet her down there. I go down stairs and I meet her.  We walk from table to table, meet people, Network and get business cards.  Of course she runs into people she knows from NC.. She introduces me to this young man! We shake hands smile and thats it. ( NO CONNECTION) 

    In the beginning this guy and I have no connection from that first meeting. My aunt somehow gets some tix for a LL Cool J party at LOVE. My God Sis is underage, which means she is not going to get in. I  make some calls, trying to establish my party network which is important in one's 20's. and my boy says he cant get her in because she is not of age; he can get us in without tickets.  Clearly a fail.. I didn't get to go any of the hot parties during the CBC!!!!!!  Disappointed was a n understatement.. I am now ready to go back to NC. 

My Line Sister who lives in D.C. calls me and says she is on her way to my hotel!!! I cant wait to see her.  I get fly, Prepped because she always has something up her sleeve for fun.  I tell my God Sis to get ready.. My LS gets to the hotel I go down to meet her in the lobby.  The lobby is packed with nothing but Black people with their best on. I run into my aunt, who is talking to a group of young guys.. ( Cougar) I sashay over to where my aunt is with my LS, and God Sis. We all engage in a conversation.  The guys say they are about to go get something to eat would we like to join them.. YESSSS!!!!!! We go out to eat, we engage in some deep conversations:  Black community, education, Sorority/Fraternity........... 

We leave the restaurant and go to a local hotel. ( Not my HOTEL)  I am kind of digging this dude James, his whole vibe is on point! He is 24 years old, owns his own business he can speak a proper sentence, he well educated! I like him, at the end of the night we end up exchanging numbers.. Of Course my girls exchanged numbers with his friends. 

 

3 comments:

  1. And the point is................LOL.I was really expectin some fun at the end,well hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not done I have a point, I will get to that point. lol

    ReplyDelete